Saturday, September 19, 2015

Is My Message Clear?

Is My Message Clear?

After viewing and reflecting on each communication modality, I would have to rest with the voice-mail and face-to-face delivery. The written communication was well stated but it may not be received well depending on the office relationship. What I am expressing is that, some people will see the time line factors as a sensitive issue and they may panic knowing that the late report may reflect upon the accountability of others.

In my practice I send both written and voice messages. In my face-to-face interactions I try to be very clear yet understanding of personality differences. I am constantly aware that if not received well the missed understanding with the communication may interfere with the working outcomes among projects and task. In the written and voice communications that I often send, I am also sensitive to the content and the fact that without any immediate responses there may be some misunderstandings. This is the reason I am very clear and concise in those type of communications. From this multimedia presentation I think that due to the nature and content, I would rely on the face-to-face delivery of the message if possible and only the voice message if necessary due to our location and disposition.

Resources:

Multimedia Program: "The Art of Effective Communication"
Note: Do not review this multimedia program until you have read the instructions for this week’s Blog Assignment. Follow the instructions from the assignment as you view this program.


Posted by:
Melvin Alonza Lowe, III, EdD
Educational Director -
Career & Technical Education /
Workforce Development

Walden University
Post-Doctoral Student
Instructional Technology & Design -
M.S. - Student

1 comment:

  1. I found the email communication to be the best created of the three as after coming in from a busy day I would have the time to read it at my leisure and even re-read it if necessary. When I read emails, I try to keep my own narrator at bay and to read with as neutral a perception as possible. I love reading fiction and understand that emails will typically include facts and to input emotional content into reading an email can be dangerous. Judging tone is best reserved for the voice mail and face to face conversation or message and yet there are many who believe without a doubt that they can read tone in an email. Unfortunately, it seems that the kind of tone interpreted seems to mirror the emotional state of the reader at that time.

    ReplyDelete