Thursday, September 25, 2014

Implementing CCRS in Career & Technical Education.

On today, I participated in a following professional development training that involves CCRS - Alabama College and Career Ready Standards & Support. I am pleased with the responses from some of Alabama's educators; however I am concerned with some of the dispositions that surround the acceptance of these best practices.

I am an educator who welcomes professional discourse and innovation within the classroom. The lack of concern and the resistance presented by some again is alarming. Often education fails due to the lack of support from the team members. I did not say "buy-in" but lack of support and/or interest. I do not feel that there must be a buy-in to do your job. The act of teaching comes with the territory of being an educator.

This is just a post from my observation. This is not a voiced opinion towards the CCRS program; however to be clear, I do support its implementation. I am pointing out my observation of educators and their practices towards common goals in all Alabama classroom.

No comments:

Post a Comment